|Don't make it this|
I have successfully used an approach based on this list when assisting clients that don't have these heavy challenges. It works. Furthermore I believe the same basic approach is applicable when consulting and training for organizations.
I call this The Success Approach. I realize it isn't rocket science but to a degree that's the point. It's easy to understand and usable in a wide variety of situations. The goal is to identify and overcome the 5 Barriers To Achieving Success in the order presented.
- Inability to articulate The Objective
- Not being able to decide on the route
- Lack of a realistic and firm timeline
- Unwillingness to confront obstacles
- Lack of principles to guide the journey
One more thing, once these 5 barriers are removed what's left are speed bumps - and that's just fine. Speed bumps are meant slow and caution, not stop.
I'll have more to say on all 5 of the barriers in upcoming posts.